Wednesday, December 17, 2008

R.I.P or An Apology


I have been outside of Berlin for nearly six months now. I do not often digress from my casual observations pertaining to performance in theatre and cinema or elsewhere, yet here I must. On a recent drive I realized something that has been in front of me all of my life: industrialization. One would assume that such things would be very difficult not to notice, however my reliance upon materialism and that which is man-made has been masked by my family and peers having thrown themselves off of the skyscraper of capitalism, after the fall of the wall. I was so over-whelmed at the young age of 23 that I did not realize that man has killed nature. It makes me questions the validity of my position in this world. I suppose I haven't anything to lose, seeing as all of the work has already been finished. It still shocks me, that it has taken this long for me to truly realize the world around me. I all can do is apologize to the Sad-Eyed-Lady that is nature. You crawled from your lowlands only to be introduced to greed and irrationality. My sincerest apologies.

1 comment:

  1. if you wish to read on the beauty of nature, I recommend M.Canard's post "a drive," a stirring reflection on the simple beauty of our fair mistress.

    ReplyDelete