Friday, December 19, 2008

An Encounter


During a quick stop for coffee I met a young journalist, who hails from San Francisco. This young man, who goes only by "Schaeff", was my company in a chic coffee shop near the downtown of St. Louis. This "Schaeff" proposed to me a business of sorts, something that would provide money to each of us. I, however, was almost entirely uninterested, until I realized: the "Schaeff" was performing. This young person was performing for me and all those in that shop who watched. We talked briefly to those at the table next to us, performing further. I played along with this "Schaeff" and as well said I was from the costal town of San Francisco. It went well. I can only hope to meet more such performers during my travels. For now I move on, away from the "Schaeff" and onward to new encounters. Well played "Schaeff".

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the girl at the table next to you!

    ReplyDelete