Saturday, December 20, 2008

No Color (Art etc.)


As I had intended to meet a friend in Chicago, I arrived in the city early. He was not yet free from work as I entered the area, so I decided to visit an exhibit containing the works of a one Jackson Pollock. Here I met a most interesting character: I met here a very captivating art collector, by the name of Elaine. Elaine struck me as very proper and she complemented my viewing Pollock's work with clever incite. Yet, before long I was to meet my friend and college, a. s. April, to view his new favorite film Renaissance.


This film, though a sci-fi, animation type (see photo above for an example), was Orwellian in style. Thoughts of unstoppable political oppression entered my head during more than one scene. Daniel Craig provides his voice for the main protagonist. This film is rather interesting to behold. The style of animation lasts before one can acclimate to the blacks, whites, and grays. The has very little color and I requested that April turn on many lights after the film was finished in order to brighten my mood. The film was enjoyable. It is nothing that will change the image forever, yet on many levels the film stirred a certain sense of catharsis within me, something that is a rare occurrence. I am not entirely sure exactly the film did to provoke this within me, however, I am accepting thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment