Friday, January 23, 2009

Postmodern


A recent viewing of the Muppet Show has reminded me of a group, I would like to share with you. This group, having appeared in this show, is titled Mummenschanz. They certainly are a fantastic group. Their postmodern expressions have captivated me for very long. Once, while studying in Tübbingen after the fall of the wall, I saw them perform and was very much so impressed. The empty symbolism and suggestions to themes largely decided at the descrestion of the viewer, have influenced me greatly. Their being so difficult to interpret, has made many things clear to me, for example, my not having to understand everything, rather having to let on that I, perhaps, understand. I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. That's discretion, sir. Or is your spelling post-modern as well?

    ReplyDelete